Call for PhD Students in Cryptography at Simula UiB
Call for PhD Students in cryptography at Simula UiB
Simula UiB (simula-uib.com) has six three-year PhD positions available in the field of cryptography.
Simula UiB is interested in candidates who have the following academic qualifications:
- A BSc degree in computer science or mathematics or related areas.
- A completed MSc degree in cryptography, or related areas. We will also consider applicants who are in the final phase of their Master studies, but in this case, we require that (a) an “almost finished” draft of the Master thesis is attached to the application, and (b) that the candidate formally completes the Master’s degree before the start of employment.
We expect an excellent academic track record, including top grades. Good knowledge of cryptography is an advantage, but a lack of such knowledge may be compensated for by a demonstrated ability to learn advanced topics in related areas. Finally, we are looking for a curious and creative mind.
The candidates will have to demonstrate an excellent level of spoken and written English, possess good interpersonal and communication skills, and show the willingness to work as part of an international team. Simula UiB is an equal opportunity employer, and women are particularly encouraged to apply.
About Simula UiB
Simula UiB AS is a research center owned by Simula Research Laboratory AS and the University of Bergen (UiB). The goal of Simula UiB is to increase the security expertise in Norway through research and education in cryptography and information theory. Our office is located in downtown Bergen. Simula UiB works with its parent company Simula and the department of informatics at UiB. Since 2001, scientific evaluations conducted by the Research Council of Norway has repeatedly placed Simula at the forefront of international research in ICT. The most recent in-depth evaluation was recently published, grading all research groups at Simula as excellent. The department of informatics is ranked as the number one ICT research institute in Norway (The Norwegian Research Council, 2012).
- Excellent opportunities for performing high-quality research, as part of a highly competent and motivated team
- An informal and inclusive international working environment
- Good office facilities located in downtown Bergen
- A competitive salary
Interested applicants are requested to submit the following:
- A cover letter explaining the candidate’s background, qualifications, research interests and how/why the candidate is qualified for the position
- Curriculum vitae (summarizing education, positions and academic or industrial work, scientific publications, and software development experience)
- Academic transcripts including a copy of Master thesis
- Contact information of two references, including the Master supervisor(s)
- The starting date is negotiable, however, applications will be screened continuously, and decisions will be made as soon as we find the right candidates.
- Application deadline: November 30th 2018
Enquiries regarding the positions can be addressed to Håvard Raddum (email@example.com). Applications must be submitted via the Simula webpage.
- Current job openings
- Job openings for Simula Metropolitan
- Books written or edited by Simula researchers
- Contact & directions
- Scientific evaluation of Simula
- The Simula Culture
- The Simula Code of Ethics
- Simula Milestones
- The Simula researcher of the year award
- Simula SpringerBriefs
- Strategies and Annual Reports
- Articles of Association (Vedtekter)
- Press resources