+47 48 88 19 09
The Networks department is to provide solutions for communication networks resilience both from a measurement angle, through prototyping and through theoretical studies.
Active Projects 2013-2014
During 2013-2014, we have several active projects.
- Centre for Resilient Networks and Applications (CRNA) project: CRNA develops and demonstrates protocols and methods for routing and self-configuration that increases the resilience against a range of challenges like failing components, misconfigurations and unexpected traffic patterns.
- Nornet project: Nornet is building up a multi-homed testbed distributed all over Norway which allows large-scale measurements and experiments in both fixed and mobile networks.
- PRONET project: The project aims to develop the communication technology based intelligent methods of protection and post fault control for distribution systems with large scale renewable energy generation units and power electronic converters.
- EVANS project: EVANS is an EU FP7 Marie Curie Action "International Research Staff Exchange Scheme" project aiming to increase researchers’ mobility to obtain a better understanding of network virtualisation for future Internet infrastructure.
- CROWN project: CROWN is an EU FP7 Marie Curie Action "International Research Staff Exchange Scheme" project aiming to increase researchers’ mobility to obtain a better understanding of cognitive radio communications and networking for next-generation mobile networks (e.g., 5G).