UX Design for Crowdsourced Online Survey Framework
“Huldra” is a React-based framework for conducting custom online surveys, which can be used for collecting crowdsourced feedback on various types of multimedia content.
Public repository: github.com/simula/huldra
Example survey designed using Huldra:
We would like to extend this framework with added functionality, improve the implementation, and study the influence of UI design on user experience.
Research questions can be one or more of the following:
- Can multimedia QoE be reliably measured through crowdsourced subjective user studies?
- How does the type of multimedia under evaluation influence participation and completion time of user studies?
- How are the alternatives of ranking (multiple options) versus binary selection (two options) perceived in user studies?
- How can the presentation of choices be better designed to encourage maximum interaction?
- What kind of accessibility support is needed to ensure inclusiveness and diversity in user studies?
Hands-on tasks can include one or more of the following:
- Extending the supported configuration parameters
- Adding a new type of Case page (e.g., single multimedia asset with free-form feedback questions, comparison of different-length text assets, etc.)
- Updating App.css to facilitate and modularize styling
- General refactoring and code cleanup
- Subjective user studies
- Machine learning / AI
- Performing research with advanced machine learning algorithms and real world applications
- Hard working
- Interested in learning
- Pål Halvorsen
- Cise Midoglu
- Saeed Sabet
- Huldra: a framework for collecting crowdsourced feedback on multimedia assets
- Automatic thumbnail selection for soccer videos using machine learning
- HOST-ATS: automatic thumbnail selection with dashboard-controlled ML pipeline and dynamic user survey
- Visual explanations for polyp detection: How medical doctors assess intrinsic versus extrinsic explanations