Are you curious about how we can use informatics to build a computational model of the heart? How the technology behind the internet works? How to analyse large amounts of data? Or how to construct software that is safe and reliable enough to use in hospitals and on space shuttles? Would you like to work with a highly competent and motivated team of international researchers? Then we at Simula would like to hear from you.
Simula is a publicly owned ICT research lab. Our main objective is to reach new levels of understanding and to create vital knowledge about fundamental scientific challenges that are of genuine value to society.
We are looking for students that:
- Are currently pursuing a bachelor or master degree in mathematics, informatics or technology
- Have a strong academic record
- Are curious and interested in research, and enjoy working on challenging problems independently and in teams
- Have strong spoken and written English skills
What we offer:
- The opportunity to do high-quality research with supervision from international researchers
- A highly competent and engaging workplace where you are encouraged to contribute, both scientifically and socially
- An hourly-based salary (Simula does not cover expenses such as travel, housing, etc.)
The summer intern position lasts for 6 weeks and takes place during the period from mid-June to mid-August 2021.
Simula is located at Fornebu, about 15 minutes by bus from Oslo city centre.
How to apply:
We have positions in 12 different departments available as summer internships in 2021. Please apply to the department which you find most relevant to your interest and your educational background. We need a cover letter describing your background, motivation and ambitions, your CV and transcrips/grades. You can apply to at most two departments. Information about the different departments can be found below.
Simula strives to achieve a good balance between male and female employees, and women are particularly encouraged to apply.
Application for Summer internships for 2021 is closed. The next opportunity will be for the summer of 2022 with applications opening in December 2021.