Slow Internet? - more bandwidth is not the answer
One of the tasks of the RITE EU-project is to raise awareness about how to achieve faster response in the Internet and to clear up misconceptions.
To clear this up, RITE has produced a video showing some of the biggest sources of Internet delay. The video also explains the difference between delay and bandwidth.
The RITE project has made educational material to go with the video. A Kahoot! quiz that allows the students to compete, experiments that can be run from any computer and a fact sheet containing tips for how you can reduce your Internet delay is among the available resources.
Other information about RITE:
RITE has eight partners:
- Simula Research Laboratory, Norway.
- British Telecommunications Ltd, UK.
- Alcatel-Lucent BELL NV, Belgium.
- Megapop games, Norway.
- The University of Oslo, Norway.
- Karlstad University, Sweden.
- Institut Mines-Telecom, France.
- The university Court of the University of Aberdeen, UK
- Link to Kahoot! quiz: https://play.kahoot.it/#/k/97bf1699-52a1-41ae-afb3-58db115713de
- Link to the page where the educational material will be placed: http://riteproject.eu/internet-latency/