At Simula, the departments are spread across our three research units: Simula Research Laboratory, SimulaMet and Simula UiB. Learn more about the departments and discover more than 150 skilled researchers who perform world-class research in five core research areas.
Simula conducts research across 3 locations in Norway. From two locations in downtown Oslo, Norway's capital, and one location in Bergen, where several departments produce research in our core research areas.
Simula Research Laboratory
- Department of High-Performance Computing (HPC)
- Department of Computational Physiology (ComPhy)
- Department of Numerical Analysis and Scientific Computing (SCAN)
- Department of Engineering Complex Software Systems (ComplexSE)
- Data-Driven Software Engineering Department (dataSED)
- Department of Validation Intelligence for Autonomous Software Systems (VIAS)
Simula conducts contract research for both the private and public sectors, drawing on the expertise of over 150 researchers within our five core research areas. This allows us to create a specialised team with the expertise that a given project demands, and plays a major part in fulfilling Simula’s ambition to conduct research that contributes to lasting innovation in society.