Are you curious about how we can use informatics to build a computational model of the heart? How the technology behind the internet works? How to analyse large amounts of data? Or how to construct software that is safe and reliable enough to use in hospitals and on space shuttles? Would you like to work with a highly competent and motivated team of international researchers? Then we at Simula would like to hear from you.
Simula is a publicly owned ICT research lab. Our main objective is to reach new levels of understanding and to create vital knowledge about fundamental scientific challenges that are of genuine value to society.
We are looking for students that:
- Are currently pursuing a bachelor or master degree in mathematics or informatics, or other specializations intechnology
- Are curious and interested in research, and enjoy working on challenging problems
- Have strong academic results
- Are proficient in English (both spoken and written)
What we offer:
- The opportunity to do high-quality research with supervision from international researchers
- A highly competent and engaging workplace where you are encouraged to contributescientifically
- An hourly-based salary (Simula does not cover expenses such as travel, housing, etc.)
- An inclusive working environment, with a fun and social workplace culture
The summer intern positions last for 6 weeks and take place during the period from mid-June to mid-August 2022.
Simula’s research activities are distributed across several different research units:Simula Research Laboratory(SRL; downtown Oslo), Simula Metropolitan Center for Digital Engineering(SimulaMet; Oslo), Simula UiB(Bergen) and Simula@BI(Oslo). We have approximately 20 summer internship positions available across Simula’s research departments; please see the list below for the location and host department of the internship positions.