Simula Research Laboratory AS was established in 2001, and is organised as a limited company owned by the Ministry of Education and Research. It is governed by a board of directors appointed by the owner. The board appoints a managing director, whom in turn decides how Simula should operate on a daily basis.
Simula's main objectives are:
- To conduct basic and long-term research in the fields of communication systems, scientific computing, and software engineering.
- To promote the application of research in both private and public sectors.
- To educate students at the master’s, doctoral, and postdoctoral levels in partnership with Norwegian universities.
- Current job openings
- Books written or edited by Simula researchers
- Contact & directions
- Scientific evaluation of Simula
- The Simula Culture
- The Simula Code of Ethics
- Simula Milestones
- The Simula researcher of the year award
- Simula SpringerBriefs
- Strategies and Annual Reports
- Articles of Association (Vedtekter)
- Press resources